It’s going to be an extra hot week! With or without an air conditioner, try these tips by the Boston Globe to keep extra cool.
- Freeze your sheets.
- Run a fan over a frozen bottle of water.
- Keep lotions and skin creams in the refrigerator.
- Close windows near a window fan, open windows far away.
- Use ceiling fans.
- Close windows during the day, open at night.
- Unplug electronics devices.
- Keep the sun out with shades and curtains.
- Use foil covered cardboard to reflect heat out.
- Install awnings.
- Keep your air conditioner setting at 78 degrees.
- Maintain your air conditioner.
(Heat hacks: 12 tips and tricks to keep your house cool, Emily Sweeney, August 12, 2021)
Recently on Twitter
I just signed a @theactionnet petition: Gov. Healey- Declare No Future for Gas!. Sign here: https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/nofutureforgas?source=twitter&