Part-time Development and Outreach Coordinator
About Green Newton
Green Newton is a small – and growing – non-profit organization working to create sustainable solutions to environmental problems facing our city and our world, often in collaboration with city government, schools, and other nonprofits across Massachusetts.
Green Newton is seeking a detail-oriented, creative administrator to serve as our part-time Development and Outreach Coordinator. The Coordinator will support Green Newton’s mission by overseeing membership administration, social media and supporting marketing efforts. You are a great fit for this position if you like administrative challenges, are highly attentive to detail and have a creative spark for creating visual graphics. You like working with volunteers and know how to delegate. You are familiar with engaging the community through social media and understand marketing basics.
Because Green Newton does not have a central office, the Coordinator will work from home, with a weekly trip to the Newton Post Office and occasional in-person meetings and events in Newton. Evening Zoom meetings are required two or three times/month, and weekend work in Newton is required approximately four times/year. The Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
Development support and administration
- Donor/donation data entry, maintain and report in Network for Good database
- Prepare mailings associated with member communications
- Coordinate mailings with volunteers
- Organize mail-stuffing gatherings for volunteers and members
- Coordinate bulk mailing printing, stuffing and PO delivery
- Make pick-ups and in-person meetings a couple times a week
- Querying, assemble, and mail renewal, donation correspondence
- Maintain our MailChimp email list and send out e-letters and event acknowledgements
- Attend events and board meetings as needed
- Provide administrative support, as needed for initiatives
Marketing, outreach and event management
- Lead event coordination for Earth Day Celebration, in coordination with volunteers and City of Newton staff
- Develop marketing materials for Green Newton’s environmental campaigns, events and initiatives
- Work with volunteers to grow Green Newton’s social media presence on Facebook and Instagram with content related to Green Newton’s educational campaigns as well as local environmental news, sustainability tips, and action alerts
- Help coordinate and promote marketing and education events including Earth Day, GreenEXPO, library speakers, farmers market and village days
- Assist with creation of email content and graphics
- Coordinate print advertising in local newspapers, outdoor ads, and event programs
- Measure and report on effectiveness of marketing tactics and the GN marketing plan
- Assist with one-off marketing projects as they arise
- Attend or recruit volunteers to attend local events to represent Green Newton and share information about Green Newton’s initiatives
Coordination of day-to-day activities
- Provide timely responses to emails and inquiries from members, potential members, Board and partners, as appropriate
- Maintain and organize the shared Google Drive and internal website for board members and staff
- Troubleshoot various administrative issues and manage company accounts
Other responsibilities (or duties) as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two years of work experience preferred with at least one year of experience in administration, marketing or other relevant experience
- Experience using Canva, Mailchimp , WordPress, Google Docs, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook in a work setting
- Also desired is a proficiency with social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram
- Knowledge of and experience in promoting environmental sustainability preferred
- Familiarity with Newton and surrounding communities a plus
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Well-developed and proficient organizational skills and analytical skills
- Commitment to Green Newton’s work, overarching goal and values
- Ability and desire to work with volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Demonstrated ability to get up-to-speed quickly and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic, and verbal/written communication skills, including with high volume/customer service assignments
- Excellent problem-resolution skills, and demonstrated ability to make informed decisions
- Team-first attitude and the capacity to be flexible in a dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external stakeholders, and cultivate appropriate relationships
- Facility with a range of social media platforms
- Marketing experience strongly preferred
- Fundraising experience strongly preferred
Hours: 15 – 20 hours per week
Rate: $22/hour per hour
Benefits: Paid time off. Flexible work hours. Health insurance is not included.
How to Apply:
Position open until filled.
Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, ability and perspectives are encouraged to apply. If you do not have all of the qualifications, but think you would excel in this position, we encourage you to submit your application and let us know why you would be a good fit.
Green Newton does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Interested in volunteering? Visit our volunteer website to learn about ways you can make a difference.