To celebrate Earth Month this year, Green Newton and local arts organizations invite local artists to submit artwork representing the City of Newton’s 4 Our Future Actions —four impactful ways we in Newton can empower ourselves and affect climate change.
The 4 Our Future Actions are Insulate, Upgrade Heating & Cooling to Heat Pumps, Electrify Your Ride, and Go Solar. Artists can also focus on other related actions:
- Adjust thermostat settings
- Switch to LED lighting
- Use power surge protectors
- Choose energy efficient appliances
- Use just one refrigerator
- Drive less – walk or bike instead
- Take public transportation
- Compost at home or with a service
- Eat a more plant-based diet
- Cook with an induction stove
- Buy less stuff
- Wash clothes in cold water
- Use drying racks or clotheslines
- Choose Newton Power Choice 100% electricity
- Tell 5 friends about climate action
The artwork will be displayed on the first floor of Newton’s City Hall during Earth Month (April). All 2D media will accepted with the approval of City Hall staff and Green Newton.
- There are no age restrictions for participation.
- There is a size limit of 40 inches on the longest side.
- Framed work with glass, larger than 24 inches must have Plexiglass for safety reasons.
Registration starts February 17 and ends on March 25, 2022. Send any questions to [email protected] – and please write “Earth Month Exhibit” in the subject line.
To learn more about saving energy at home and on the road visit the City of Newton’s Climate and Sustainability webpage.