A shoutout to The BYTE Shop (48 South Street, Jamaica Plain) for diverting electronic waste from the trash through their electronics refurbishment and resale program! It is a community focused electronics repair, resale, and recycling shop that provides the following services:
- Mac and PC Laptop/Desktop computer hardware and software repair and support
- iPhone screen replacement
- Electronics recycling drop-off during shop hours (to arrange pickup of larger items/lots, email [email protected])
- Data recovery and transfer services
- Vintage / retro computer and electronics repair and restoration
- General information technology consulting for individuals and small businesses
- Computer upgrades: batteries, memory, hard drives, etc.
- Vintage computer rental and set dressing
- Game console repair and modification
- General consumer electronics repair
- Digitization services
- A selection of computer convenience items for sale including power adapters, USB charging cables, backup hard drives, etc.
- And coming soon: a curated selection of gifts for computer lovers!
The Byte Shop is also home to one of the largest collections of historic home computers in New England.
Sunday & Monday CLOSED
For more information please email [email protected] or call 857-293-1245. Learn more about the Byte Shop in Spotlight on Repair.
Recently on Twitter
I just signed a @theactionnet petition: Gov. Healey- Declare No Future for Gas!. Sign here: https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/nofutureforgas?source=twitter&