Judith’s Kitchen (1371 Washington St, West Newton) has been offering their delicious menu items for takeout in Recirclerable reusable containers for several months.
Now, Grape Leaf Mediterranean Grille (6 Lincoln St, Newton Highlands) has recently partnered with Recirclable so that customers can order their delicious falafel, gyro sandwiches, hand-cut fries and salads without having to throw away or recycle anything.
One customer sums it up this way, “Now each week I can order salmon and kale salad at Judith’s Kitchen for take-out with Recirclable containers, then drop those same containers off at Grape Leaf when I place an order there. I tend to avoid takeout because of all the wasted food containers, but now I’m excited to order food guilt-free!”
Here is how you can participate in the zero-waste Recirclable network in Newton:
- Order your food in person at Grape Leaf or Judith’s Kitchen.
- Pick up your order in Recirclable containers – durable, clean and microwavable.
- Open your camera or the Recirclable app, scan the QR code at the counter, and select the number of containers you are using.
- Pay and head home to enjoy.
- Rinse and return your containers (within two weeks) to a participating Recirclable restaurant. Simply scan the return QR code to confirm your return. Restaurants clean and sanitize containers before reusing.
You can set up an account at www.recirclable.com or download the Recirclable iOS app (Android coming soon). Red Lentil in Watertown also uses Recirclable takeout containers and more restaurants in Newton are expected to join soon.
And, be sure to tell your favorite restaurants that you would like them to use Recirclable reusable containers too.
Recently on Twitter
I just signed a @theactionnet petition: Gov. Healey- Declare No Future for Gas!. Sign here: https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/nofutureforgas?source=twitter&