On July 21, presenters from the City of Newton and HeatSmart Newton discussed the new Mass Save financial incentives available for heat pumps, as well as why heat pumps are a great alternative to traditional cooling and heating systems. To watch a recording of the webinar, click below.
Whether you are interested in cooling and heating your whole house or just one room, these updated financial incentives make installing heat pumps comparable to other types of systems. There is even a special program for those doing larger additions or renovations. To recap the new incentives:
- Cold Climate Heat Pump Rebates
- $10,000 whole home rebate (requirements: sized for year-round use, home is weatherized)
- $1,250 per ton partial home rebate (requirements: install integrated controls)
- Heat Pump Water Heater Rebate
- $750 ‘instant discount’ through a licensed plumber
- Mass Save Renovations and Additions Rebate
- Incentive based on modeled energy performance compared with a baseline (contact Newton’s Energy Coach for more details at [email protected])
- HEAT loan
- 0% interest loan of up to $25,000, 7-year term
To learn more about heat pumps and get a referral to our partner installers, visit the HeatSmart Newton website or email [email protected].