The Massachusetts House and Senate have until July 31 to come to agreement on an compromise energy bill. They must decide between an energy policy that builds our nation’s first commercial-scale offshore wind farm, or moves us backwards towards greater reliance on fossil fuels. An energy bill that could create the nation’s first home energy labeling and disclosure program and fixes our leaking gas pipelines. We need your help today to ensure that the Legislature and the Governor get this right.
We need you to do two things today:
#1: Click here to email your state legislator and urge them to support a strong and comprehensive energy bill!
#2: The 6 House and Senate leaders below are negotiating the energy bill. Call them and let them know your priorities for this important legislation:
• Honorable Brian Dempsey (D-Haverhill), Chairman of House Committee on Ways & Means, 617-722-2990
• Honorable Thomas Golden (D-Lowell), Chairman of the Joint Committee on Telecommunications, Utilities, and Energy, 617-722-2263
• Honorable Bradley Jones (R-North Reading), House Minority Leader, 617-722-2100
• Honorable Benjamin Downing (D-Pittsfield), Chairman of the Joint Committee on Telecommunications, Utilities, and Energy, 617-722-1625
• Honorable Marc Pacheco (D-Taunton), Senate President Pro Tempore, 617-722-1551
• Honorable Bruce Tarr (R-Gloucester), Senate Minority Leader, 617-722-1600
Thank you for your help in making this energy bill as strong as possible.