Did you purchase a new refrigerator over the tax free holiday weekend? Do you have an old second refrigerator or freezer wasting energy? Residential electric customers who recycle their old and inefficient refrigerators or freezers through the Mass Save® appliance recycling program Mass Save® appliance recycling program will be offered no-cost pickup and removal – plus, a $125 rebate. This $125 rebate is made available through the electric Sponsors of Mass Save, including Cape Light Compact, Eversource, National Grid, and Unitil.
To qualify for the limited-time offer of $125, an appointment must be made by October 31, 2020 and the appliance must be picked up by November 30, 2020. Mass Save is now offering contactless pickup.
The following eligibility requirements apply:
- You must be a valid residential electric account holder of one of the electric sponsors of Mass Save (e.g. Cape Light Compact, Eversource, National Grid, and Unitil).
- Due to concerns regarding the transmission of COVID-19, the Residential Refrigerator/ Freezer recycling policy is that ARCA does not interact face-to-face with customers. Customers are asked if the unit works over the phone. ARCA works with the customer to determine the best place for the customer to leave the unit – for example, garage, adjacent to garage, porch or patio. ARCA then picks up the unit from the agreed upon location.
- Refrigerators and freezers must have an inside measurement between 10 and 30 cubic feet, which is the standard size for most units. Per state laws, all doors must be removed from the refrigerator/freezer before placing outside for pickup to avoid paying fines. You can read more about the law here. In-home pick up is also available.
- You must call to sign up before October 31, 2020 to be eligible for the $125 rebate.
- A maximum of two units per electric account per calendar year will be accepted.
Ready to recycle? Schedule your NO-COST pickup online or by calling 1-877-889-4761. Have your electric account number handy to avoid scheduling delays.