Package deliveries are peaking this time of year. Here’s some helpful info on how to sort and manage waste from shipments. In general, cardboard and paper can be recycled curbside in your green recycling cart or at the Resource Recovery Center (115 Rumford Ave., Auburndale). Plastic film should be taken to local grocery stores that will recycle them. In Newton, Shaw’s, Star Market, and Whole Foods all have bins for plastic film drop off. All plastic film should be kept out of the your home’s green recycling bin.
Click on links to see photos of the item.
- Plastic and plastic bubble mailers (100% plastic): plastic film drop-off, or trash
- Padded envelope (Paper & plastic): trash
- Padded envelope (100% Paper): recycle
- Plastic pillows & bubble wrap: plastic film drop-off, or trash
- Paper padding/fill material: recycle
- Shredded paper fill material: trash or reuse
- Insulated box liners: trash
- Packing peanuts (both styrofoam and compostable): trash
- Tissue paper: trash
- Plastic strapping: trash
Use the Recycle Right tool on Newton Sustainable Materials Management website for other answers about sorting waste. Or download the free app today in the App Store or Google Play.
Recently on Twitter
I just signed a @theactionnet petition: Gov. Healey- Declare No Future for Gas!. Sign here: https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/nofutureforgas?source=twitter&