https://eostone.com/vtkclf82 Keep the health of our planet in mind this year when selecting gifts for your loved ones. Enjoyable experiences, special thrift shop finds, and up-cycled or home made goods can all be thoughtful choices, and better for the planet than buying new material goods. Some ideas:
- a donation to a cause you love such as Green Newton!
- a membership to the Appalachian Mountain Club, Mass Audubon, or the Trustees which provide access to many hiking trails in and around Massachusetts.
- original set of Trivial Pursuit from the 80’s
- a gift certificate to classes through the Newton Art Center or Newton Community Ed (both in person and online courses offered)
- try your hand at making truffles (easier than you think)
- a subscription to a newspaper or magazine (online only versions are available)
- make a salt scrub using olive oil, kosher salt, and essential oils
- a subscription to a music service such as Spotify, Apple Music, or Idagio
- a subscription to a video viewing service such as Netflix, Hulu, or Britbox
- sew simple sachets using old fabric filled with lavender to help scent drawers
Recently on Twitter
I just signed a @theactionnet petition: Gov. Healey- Declare No Future for Gas!. Sign here: https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/nofutureforgas?source=twitter&