Mass Save is offering $75 to come and pick up your working, inefficient fridge or freezer. You can avoid the hassle of disposing of it yourself and know that it will be recycled responsibly, keeping hazardous material waste out of landfills. Replacing older models with a more energy efficient model (or not having the extra fridge or freezer) will save at least $150 a year in energy costs.
Older dehumidifiers qualify for a $30 recycling rebate through Mass Save.
You can also call 877-889-4761 or visit MassSave.com/Fridge to schedule your no-cost pickup today.
The following eligibility requirements apply:
- You must be a valid residential electric account holder of Cape Light Compact, Eversource, National Grid or Unitil.
- Due to concerns regarding the transmission of COVID-19, the Residential Refrigerator/Freezer recycling policy is that the service provider ARCA does not interact face-to-face with customers. Customers are asked if the unit works over the phone. ARCA works with the customer to determine the best place for the customer to leave the unit – for example, garage, adjacent to garage, porch or patio. ARCA then picks up the unit from the agreed upon location.
- Refrigerators and freezers must have an inside measurement between 10 and 30 cubic feet, which is the standard size for most units. Per state laws, all doors must be removed from the refrigerator/freezer before placing outside for pickup to avoid paying fines. You can read more about the law here.
- A maximum of two units per electric account per calendar year will be accepted.
- Have your electric account number handy to avoid scheduling delays.