This summer has been hot and dry, and most of Massachusetts is now considered to be in a drought. Let’s do our part to conserve water with these easy water saving steps:
- Use water left over from meals and water bottles to water plants.
- Turn off water while lathering your hands and dishes in the sink, shaving, and brushing your teeth.
- In the shower, turn water on to get wet; turn off to lather up; then turn back on to rinse off.
- Place a large bucket in the shower to catch excess water and use this to water plants.
- Scrape your plates rather than rinse before placing in the dishwasher.
- Install a low flow or trickle valve shower head.
- Wash only full loads in the dishwasher and washing machine.
- Let your grass go dormant and brown.