Massachusetts’ Clean Energy & Climate Plan (CECP) for 2030 is open for comment through February 22.
The Green Energy Consumer Alliance (GECA) is advocating for a more ambitious transportation plan with details to support it, including the points in the list below. Tell the Governor that you would also like to see Massachusetts:
- commit to 100% of school bus and public transit vehicle purchases be electric by 2030 to support both social justice and children’s health (CECP proposes 30% of all medium and large vehicle purchases by 2030)
- set goals to reduce vehicle miles traveled (VMT) as opposed to stabilizing VMT by 2030
- release a plan for the Transportation Climate Initiative funds that supports social justice communities
- create a plan for Congestion Pricing
- focus on legislative actions that can take place during the next 5 years. Increased EV adoption rates and decreased VMT cannot wait until 2030
Comment on the CECP here.
Read the Transportation Section of the CECP plan here.
Read Green Energy Consumer Alliance’s article What Massachusetts Gets Right (and Wrong) about Transportation in the Clean Energy & Climate Plan here.