59% of greenhouse gases in Newton are from households–35% from home energy use and 24% from passenger vehicles. To help each of us reduce our carbon footprint, Green Newton has launched the Take Action! tool on our website. See testimonials and other helpful information there so you can Take Action!
“We were very disappointed when Eversource chose to end its 100% renewable electricity option several years ago. It seemed like a very easy way to support the renewable electricity industry without going through a lot of effort.
Imagine our delight when we read that the City of Newton was negotiating to get renewable electricity to all the residents and that we could opt up to the [Newton Power Choice] 100% Green electricity. All it took was a few clicks online, and we haven’t noticed much of a cost difference in the year we have been in the program. It feels good knowing that we are again supporting the renewable energy industry and not fossil fuels–no pain, all gain!”
–Peter B. and Sunwoo K.
Learn about opting up to Newton Power Choice 100% Green option at Take Action!
How do you get started with Take Action!?
- Go to the Green Newton website and click on the Take Action! box.
- Sign up (create a username and password, and enter zip code) to create your account.
- Check off actions you have already taken and see your carbon footprint.
- Make a list of ‘to do’ actions you want to commit to doing.
- Invite friends and neighbors to join and make their own ‘to do’ lists.
- Check off each action as you complete it and watch your carbon footprint go down.
Read about the Green Newton Take Action! tool HERE.
Recently on Twitter
I just signed a @theactionnet petition: Gov. Healey- Declare No Future for Gas!. Sign here: https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/nofutureforgas?source=twitter&