You are invited to attend the Green Newton Annual Meeting on Tuesday, March 22 from 7-8:30pm, when Massachusetts State Senator Cynthia Creem (representing Newton), Chair of the
Senate Committee on Global Warming and Climate Change, will speak briefly on five bills that she has filed to expedite the Commonwealth’s transition to zero-emission vehicles (ZEVs), while ensuring this transition happens in an equitable and environmentally just manner.
Following Senator Creem’s talk and brief Q & A, we will present Green Newton’s 2022 Annual Environmental Leadership Awards to:
- Welcome Home Newton – Nonprofit
- Black Earth Compost – Business
- Miles Smith, Chair of Newton’s Recycling Committee – Individual
- Elizabeth Sockwell, Leader of 4C Tree Planting Project – Emerging Leader
- Marc Welch, Director of Urban Forestry, City of Newton – City Employee
Next, we will present a few quick highlights of our group’s upcoming initiatives and upcoming events.
Finally, Green Newton’s Board of Directors will vote on our proposed slate of nominees including current board members to serve for another three-year term: Bev Craig, Craig Forman, Sharon Cushing, Barbara Brousal-Glaser and Tony Zelle.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.