On December 6, Green Newton’s Environmental Youth Leadership Program presented ‘Greening the Holidays,’ a program to help all of us rethink our holiday habits and inspire us to consider the environmental impact of every gift that we give. The video of the presentation is now available and below are resources relating to each topic discussed in our program, including questions and notes from the chat.
Green Newton would like to give a big shout out to our student leaders – Kaleigh Yee, Hailey Strickler, Ahona Dam, Mia Santangelo, Ava Freeman, Coral Lin, Clara Dutton, Elizabeth Sockwell and Jojo Parks – and a special thanks to Windley Knowlton, who coordinated the program.
Happy Sustainable Holidays!
Food and Waste
- Green Newton – Take Steps to Reduce Your Food Waste
- For our full list of resources on sourcing local food, better understanding the meat & dairy industry, and incorporating more plant-based meals into your diet, click here
- Newton EV Task Force Site
- EV Task Force Contacts for Interest: [email protected]
- Newton Safe Routes to School – Site Home
- Bike Newton – Safe Biking
- For our full collection of transportation resources, click here
- The Story of Stuff Project, particularly their video on The Story of Microfibers
- True Cost Film, as mentioned in the chat
- For our full collection of 20+ fashion-related resources on reducing your impact through self-education, laundry habits, shopping practices and more, click here
Capture Carbon Commemorate COVID-19 (4C Tree) Project
- Interested in becoming involved with this potential project? Contacts below.
- Sign up for Green Newton’s E-newsletter or to volunteer at Green Newton site
- For more advocacy resources including ways to become involved with local environmental orgs, zoning info, and more, click here
- Green Newton’s Take Action! Tool
- For our extensive list of gift recommendations, ideas, and links, click here