Dispose of documents and medication safely and securely on Saturday, November 13 from 8am-12pm (by appointment only) at the Newton Resource Recovery Center (115 Rumford Ave., Auburndale). Advanced sign-up is required: call Customer Service at 617-796-1000 to schedule an appointment.
Here are the details:
- Shredding is for RESIDENTIAL materials only (no business materials). Staples/paperclips may be left attached to documents, and paper bags may be shredded. Limit: 4 document boxes OR 8 paper bags per car.
- NO liquids medications, aerosols, or sharps will be accepted.
- The service is drive-through only; residents must remain in their cars during shredding and drug take-back for everyone’s safety. This secure event will be overseen by the Newton Police Department, and participants will not be permitted to watch their items being shredded; departure is required once your car is emptied.
- Face coverings are required.
- This event will be cancelled in the case of a pandemic-related lockdown of non-essential programs.
Cosponsored by the Newton Department of Senior Services, the Newton Department of Public Works, the Newton Police Department, and the Newton Department of Health and Human Services.
Recently on Twitter
I just signed a @theactionnet petition: Gov. Healey- Declare No Future for Gas!. Sign here: https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/nofutureforgas?source=twitter&