Dispose of documents and medication safely and securely on Saturday, November 13 from 8am-12pm (by appointment only) at the Newton Resource Recovery Center (115 Rumford Ave., Auburndale). Advanced sign-up is required: call Customer Service at 617-796-1000 to schedule an appointment.
Here are the details:
- Shredding is for RESIDENTIAL materials only (no business materials). Staples/paperclips may be left attached to documents, and paper bags may be shredded. Limit: 4 document boxes OR 8 paper bags per car.
- NO liquids medications, aerosols, or sharps will be accepted.
- The service is drive-through only; residents must remain in their cars during shredding and drug take-back for everyone’s safety. This secure event will be overseen by the Newton Police Department, and participants will not be permitted to watch their items being shredded; departure is required once your car is emptied.
- Face coverings are required.
- This event will be cancelled in the case of a pandemic-related lockdown of non-essential programs.
Cosponsored by the Newton Department of Senior Services, the Newton Department of Public Works, the Newton Police Department, and the Newton Department of Health and Human Services.