We wanted to pass along some energy saving tips for the recent snow storm and every one that follows:
- Consider using non-toxic de-icing substances like cat litter or sand to help cut down on the hazardous chemicals that seep into the ground
- Use electronic snow removal products over gasoline-powered ones
- Keep rechargable batteries on hand over disposable ones in case of power outages
- After you’ve finished using your oven, leave it slightly ajar to heat the room without turning up the heat
- Consider using candles instead of electric lights while you’re snowed in
- Make sure your heating systems and cars have been maintained for the winter
Winter energy savings tips courtesy of Massachusetts Climate Action Network (MCAN).