Heat Pump Dryers are rated ENERGY STAR’s most efficient dryers on the market and use one quarter or less energy than a typical electric resistance or gas dryer. They use heat pump technology to move heat rather than create it and with their ventless technology work well in apartments and multi-family units. But with their longer cycles and small drum sizes, heat pump dryers may not be for everyone.
Join the Electrify Coalition on Wednesday, August 24 from 12-1:30pm for an online discussion with ENERGY STAR about:
- What is a heat pump dryer and how does it work?
- How does ENERGY STAR rate dryers and what are the ENERGY STAR tools that can help me find the efficient dryer for me?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of heat pump dryers?
- What are the best use cases for heat pump dyers?
- What brands of heat pump dryer are out there?
- Can heat pump dryers help get me off of gas dryers?