Tuesday, April 25 at 6pm. Online.
Embodied carbon is the greenhouse gas emissions arising from the manufacturing, transportation, installation, maintenance, and disposal of building materials. Embodied carbon accounts for 11-25% of our global annual emissions. In order for us to transform our buildings from climate polluters to protectors, we must address embodied carbon as well as operational carbon.
We have a fantastic group of guest speakers including:
- Thomas O’Neill from the City of Cambridge,
- Senator Cindy Creem,
- Senator Joanne Comerford,
- Representative Steve Owens,
- Representative Michelle Ciccolo,
- Representative Daniel Cahill, and
- Representative Sean Garballey.
This will be a great opportunity to learn about how you can be a part of local and statewide efforts to reduce embodied carbon and transform our buildings from polluters to protectors.
The talk is sponsored by the Massachusetts Climate Action Network.