- This event has passed.
Webinar on Carbon Fee & Dividend Policy
May 27 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Green Newton invites you to join a virtual meeting on Thursday, May 27 at 7 pm with a representative of the Citizens’ Climate Lobby, a non-partisan group of volunteers working to build political will to enact climate change legislation at the federal and state level.
The organization’s preferred climate change solution is to put a price on carbon pollution and allocate the proceeds directly to Americans via a monthly dividend check, to spend as they see fit.
Since 2009, CCL has been advocating for this policy under the name “Carbon Fee and Dividend.” It’s an approach that will significantly reduce carbon emissions AND be socially just.
Speaker David Simons will cover the following topics and take questions:
- The effects of carbon in the atmosphere and projections of future carbon impact
- Carbon Fee & Dividend proposal and how it is complementary to other climate change legislation being proposed
- Studies showing how important carbon reduction is
- The success of this type of program in other communities
- Carbon reduction programs that other countries either have enacted or will enact
Please RSVP to [email protected] and we will send you the meeting link.