Saturday, April 8 from 8am-12pm (by appointment). Newton Resource Recovery Center (115 Rumford Ave, Auburndale).
Newton residents are invited to make an appointment to bring their unwanted documents for shredding and recycling (no business materials). Advance sign-up is required, and space is limited. Call Newton City Hall at 617-796-1000 to make an appointment.
- Staples may be left in documents.
- Quantity is limited to 4 document boxes OR 8 paper bags per household.
- This secure event will be overseen by the Newton Police Department and is drive-through service only. Residents are required to remain in their cars during collection for everyone’s safety.
- Due to traffic flow, participants will not be permitted to watch their items being shredded.
- There is no cost to participate. However, donations to the Newton Senior Center are appreciated. Mail a $10+ donation to the Newton Senior Center or donate by credit card at newtonseniors.org; please click on the “Pay Online” button. Or, bring cash or a check to the event and it will be gratefully accepted.
Also, bring your expired or unused prescription medications to be properly disposed. Note: vitamins and over-the-counter medication are safe to go in the trash.
Recently on Twitter
I just signed a @theactionnet petition: Gov. Healey- Declare No Future for Gas!. Sign here: https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/nofutureforgas?source=twitter&