The CRWA has kicked off their summer Water Quality Notification Program. This program provides the public with up-to-date water quality forecasts on the CRWA website, and will continue throughout the summer months. The website uses data from the CRWA’s weather station and other sources to estimate if the Charles River is safe for boating at each of the ten boat houses in the lower basin of the Charles. Blue, yellow, and red flags will inform the public of current water quality conditions via the CRWA website and with physical flags flown by partnering boat houses. Each week, water samples from the river will be tested for bacteria to verify the forecast. Learn more here.
Make a Difference
Join or renew your membership today!
Help protect the environment in Newton and beyond, support our environmental education and advocacy, and participate in Green Newton activities. Learn More...
- Take a Virtual Tour Through a Newton Passive House on July 28
- Are You in the Market for an Air Conditioner? Heat Pumps are for Cooling Too.
- Donate Kids’ Books to the African Library Project Through August 19
- City of Newton Swap Shop is Open and Filled with Great Free Items for Residents
- Great July EV Discounts: $8,500 Off Of Nissan Leaf Plus + $7,500 Tax Credit + $2500 MA Rebate
Schatz introduces electric bike tax credit legislation in Senate https://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/news/2021/07/23/schatz-ebike-tax-credit-legislation.html via @Pacificbiznews
Shout out to @CambridgeDPW & @UTEC_inc for recycling over 10,000 mattresses since 2019! By deconstructing the mattresses and recycling their parts, the city reduced it's trash by 600,000 lbs.
Watch the process in action http://youtu.be/UHItG7lCcbQ & learn more http://bit.ly/2UhwvQb
Why do 95% of the school buses our kids ride everyday still run on diesel when electric school buses are here and ready to roll?
Tell your U.S. senators to oppose funding for dirty, diesel and gas-powered school buses in the #infrastructure agreement.
- Businesses (266)
- Climate Change (180)
- Climate Justice (22)
- Composting (13)
- Energy (201)
- Energy Efficiency (162)
- Environmental Protection (681)
- Events (344)
- Farm & Garden (193)
- Food (149)
- GN Talks – Slides and Videos (16)
- Government (436)
- Green Newton Highlights (27)
- Greening Our Community Series (14)
- Healthy Kids (107)
- Home (562)
- Just For Fun (78)
- Kids (148)
- Live Greener (320)
- Past Events (12)
- Personal Health (146)
- Reduce, Reuse & Recycle (189)
- Schools (79)
- Take Action (870)
- Talks and Workshops (184)
- Tip of the Week (150)
- Transportation (125)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Urban Development (113)
- Voice Yourself (132)
- Volunteers Needed (42)
- Waste (215)
- Water (71)
- Wildlife (120)