Join your Newton neighbors on Sunday, April 24 from 1-4pm in a celebration of Earth Day. The War Memorial Circle at Newton City Hall (1000 Commonwealth Ave., Newton) will be busy with plenty of fun activities to engage your kids and show you how you can take action to preserve our world “4 Our Future.” By doing our part, we have the means today to curb climate change!
- Kids’ Activities – We’ll have a petting zoo, face painting, pollinator garden, Earth Day bingo, earthworms, and more.
- Electric Vehicles (EV) and E-bikes – See all the models on display and ask owners about their experience.
- Sustainability Showcase – 350 Mass – Bike Newton & Safe Routes to Schools – Black Earth Compost – City of Newton Dept. of Planning & Development – Friends of Hemlock Gorge – Fulfilled Goods – HomeWorks Energy (Insulation) – Indigenous Peoples Day Newton Committee – Landry’s Bicycles – League of Women Voters of Newton – Mothers Out Front Newton – Muirfield Mechanical (Heat Pumps) – New England Ductless (Heat Pumps) – Newton Community Farm – Newton Energy Coach – Newton EV Task Force – Newton Pollinator Working Group – Newton Recycling Committee – Newton Stormwater Management – NEC Solar – Via & NewMo.
- Refreshments – Frosty Ice Cream and Clover Food Lab will be serving up tasty goodness done sustainably.
- Family Bike Ride – 10 mile ride to Auburndale Cove at 12:45pm. Meet at the Bike Newton table.
The first 50 sign ups at the event for a curbside food scrap composting subscription to Black Earth Compost will receive a free starter kit ($39 value). Visit the Newton Recycling table to sign up and get your free kit.
Event will take place rain or shine. In the event of rain, the festival will be held both outdoors and indoors in the War Memorial Auditorium. The event is sponsored & organized by Green Newton, the City of Newton’s Climate Team, and the EV Task Force.