With the forecast of temperatures between the high 80s and low 90s in the next two weeks, please do what you can to reduce electricity usage from 5-8pm every day. The most impactful thing you can do is reduce your need for air conditioning.
Here are practical ways to “shave the peak” during those specific hours:
- Pre-cooling works. Focus your air conditioner usage on a couple of rooms, and get them nice and cool before 5pm. Then, turn the air conditioner up a few degrees, or turn it off if you can handle it.
- Use fans wherever possible to compensate for the air conditioner, and draw the blinds to help keep rooms cool. If you’re planning an outing to the pool or to the air conditioned library or mall, do it during peak hours.
- Don’t do the laundry. When you do, wash in cold water.
- Don’t run the dishwasher.
- If you have an electric car, schedule your charging session for 9 pm to 7 am. Avoid peak times!
Thanks for taking steps to clean up our electric grid! Stay cool!