Wednesday, November 30 at 5:30pm. GBH Studios (1 Guest Street Boston).
As the world attempts to rein in the climate crisis, some of the biggest names in philanthropy are stepping up. Jeff Bezos, Hansjörg Wyss, Laurene Powell Jobs and others have developed their own climate agendas, using their vast wealth to fund these initiatives. Are the climate priorities of these billionaires aligning with the public good? How are these major donors working with nonprofits, environmental justice organizations, startups and scientists? Are they working with good ideas and solutions sprouting up from the grassroots organizations and activists who work at the local level? We have brought together leaders to discuss these questions and more.
- Andrew Steer – President & CEO, Bezos Earth Fund
- Nick Tilsen – President & CEO, NDN Collective
- Brian O’Donnell – Director, Campaign for Nature
- Ash Enrici – Assistant Professor of Philanthropic Studies, Indiana University
- Moderated by Caitlin Saks – Producer, NOVA
Join this free briefing funded by a grant from the Lilly Endowment Inc., aimed at advancing the public’s awareness and understanding of the people and organizations that try to solve some of the world’s most pressing problems.