To celebrate the plastic reduction legislation announced last week in Newton and in Massachusetts, Fulfilled Goods (612 Washington St Suite 2, Newton) will be offering 10% off all refills this week through September 30.
- Massachusetts Governor Maura Healey enacted the first-of-its-kind ban on the purchase of single-use plastic bottles by all state agencies.
- In Newton, the City Council unanimously voted to reduce the use of plastics by requiring:
- takeout containers to be reusable, recyclable, or compostable;
- accessory items like utensils & condiments to be given upon request only (aka “Skip the Stuff”); and
- dine in restaurants to use reusable dishware.
So gather those clean and dry containers and stop by!